Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Old Guard and the New Guard of Fath. I have been reading about the New Guards of the Fath Movement in the next Palestinian election-under-occupation. I mean, I never liked the Old Guards (people like Ahmad Quray`, Intisar Al-Wazir, Al-Hakam Bal`awi, and company), but I like the New Guards even less. I mean, do you think that the corrupt unsavory characters, people like Muhammad Dahlan and Jibril Rajjub, can represent the best interests of the Palestinian people? Of course, the best Guards of the movement (in terms of effectiveness and non-corruption even if I disagreed with their politics, as I do with the Fath Movement, always, on ideological grounds) have either died or have been killed by Israel (people like Abu Salih, Kamal `Udwan, Abu Yusuf An-Najjar, Abu Al-Walid, Abu Iyad, Abu Al-Hawl, Majid Abu Shrar, etc.)